Re: no-title CP - remarks

Leif, Steve, and All:

Leif Halvard Silli writes:
> > ]] While user agents are encouraged to repair cases of missing alt
> > attributes, authors must not rely on such behavior. [[
> >
> > And I think that you could put it in your change proposal that HTML5
> > says that authors are MUST NOT rely on such repair behaviour.
>
> I have now put this into my own change proposal:
>
> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/ChangeProposals/EnTitle
>
> Main difference from Steve's prop: a warning instead of an error
> message, a different reading of the (browser) facts and other
> justifications (plural) for revisiting the issue.

Thank you for this very succinct clarification.

Please note that both proposals are on our Task Force agenda this
Thursday. I hope both of you can participate in that teleconference.

Let me add that, yes, everyone is free to pursue their own proposal,
But, on the other hand, our voice is much stronger when we can reach agreement. So
the effort to reach agreement is very worthwhile. In that regard I want
to thank both of you for your effort on title. You have helped bring us
closer together.

Of course, if we can't reach agreement, we can't. In that instance we look for a consensus
position among Task Force participants. In such a situation it is important to
remember that consensus is not the same as unanimity.

Janina