Re: RDFa - GRDDL liaison

From: Fabien Gandon <Fabien.Gandon@sophia.inria.fr>
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2007 10:53:27 +0200
To: public-grddl-wg <public-grddl-wg@w3.org>, Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>

Dan Connolly:
>   I'd appreciate pointers from stuff like
> "the schema document should (and likely will)..." to
> relevant issues.

I reviewed the "use cases" document and the "syntax" document" of RDFa.

Use cases: Working Draft 30 March 2007

In the use cases doc, GRDDL is mentioned in the section on "Comparison
to Microformats"
Extract: "In such cases, microformats (possibly combined with GRDDL)
provide a perfectly appropriate solution. However, in each of the use
cases in this document, the microformat approach requires either
building a new, complete vocabulary, or mixing several vocabularies in
one single application. While this may be simple in the case of the
basic existing microformats, it becomes prohibitive when large
vocabularies are used (...)"

Syntax: Editors' Draft v 1.8 2007/04/06 16:36:34

Here, all I can say is I didn't see any mention of GRDDL in the syntax
and, although I did not make a thorough review of the primer, I didn't
find a mention of GRDDL there either.
Primer: Working Draft 12 March 2007.

I intend to catch up with the RDFa group to update the transformation,
propose a profile and update the RDFa+GRDDL primer I once drafted and
which is clearly out of date:

Fabien - http://www.inria.fr/acacia/fabien/