W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-forms@w3.org > June 2009

TELECON AGENDA - 10 June 2009

From: John Boyer <boyerj@ca.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2009 21:23:03 -0700
To: public-forms@w3.org
Message-ID: <OFA05A02B4.AAC4F754-ON882575D1.0017F6F5-882575D1.00181333@ca.ibm.com>
Regrets so far: Charlie, Nick
Start Time: 10:45am Eastern US (15:45Z, except 14:45Z during US DST)
Duration: 90 minutes

Previous minutes: 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2009Jun/0012.html
IRC supplement: http://www.w3.org/2009/06/03-forms-minutes.html

Virtual face to face: http://www.w3.org/2009/06/04-forms-minutes.html

Minute takers rotation list, when not done by Leigh:
Steven, Erik, MarkB, Ulrich/Sebastian, Charlie, Kenneth, Nick

Raman?, Susan?, Rafael/Rogelio? 

AGENDA ITEMS:
=============
* = be ready to discuss
+ = discuss time permitting

Reports, Etc.
-------------
Upcoming telecons

* XForms 1.1
- Implementation report progress/completion tasks (below)

Next FtF
Summer regrets: http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/32219/formsabsence2009/

The Forms Newsletter/News items

XForms Basic 1.0, 1.1

Rich Web Application Backplane


Action Items
------------
Action Item List:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2009May/0031.html

Administrative Issues
---------------------
Fix our shortname issue
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2007Nov/0096.html
http://www.w3.org/2005/05/tr-versions

W3C Spec matrix
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2008Nov/0071.html
- Discussed on Nov. 26, 2008


PROGRESS ON WORKING GROUP GOALS
===============================
* XForms 1.1 Issues
-------------------
- Advancement to PR
  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2009Jun/0001.html
 
- dispatch with delay question
  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-forms/2009Jun/0006.html

- case element documentation and schema
  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-forms/2009Jun/0007.html

- RNG schema
  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2009Jun/0022.html
 
- Forward links on selected submission attributes?
  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-forms/2009Jun/0003.html
 
Advancing XForms for HTML
-------------------------
- Assertions
- Examples
- Test Suite

- Rationalization of XForms for HTML, RDFa, and ARIA
  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2009Mar/0044.html
 
* Forms Rechartering Discussion
-------------------------------
Do we recharter as the Forms working group or do we need a name change?
e.g. the Content Intensive Applications (CIA) working group

Backplane concepts seem to form one pillar of support for the continued 
group
It is focused on integration of components and markups "on the glass"

A second pillar seems to be aggregate applications, i.e. applications 
composed
of multiple web pages or multiple users working in collaboration to create
content that drives a business process or workflow

A third pillar seems to be application of XForms to broader client 
contexts, 
including XForms for documents and XForms for HTML.

A fourth pillar seems to be extensibility for authors, e.g. components,
custom xpath functions, custom actions, custom model item properties,
custom behaviors through XBL, better DOM interface, JSON, ...

A fifth pillar seems to be Architectural and Language Advancement, e.g. 
- generalization of the component technologies
  e.g. schema engine, xpath engine, XML Events 2
- generalization of commonly used patterns into higher-order declarative 
markup
  e.g. repeat patterns, wizard patterns, default trigger, dialog
- generalization of processing and event lifecycles
  e.g. multiple constraints per node, structural calculates, UI events 
revisited, 
       consolidated recalculate/revalidate, automatic rebuild detection, 
etc.
- incremental refinements of existing features

The existing working group members have varied interests that span these 
thematic clusters.

We need to discuss what of this could go into a new charter, 
whether to recharter as Forms or under a new name,
what spec(s) will form the deliverables,
and how/when do we make a call for membership/interest in participating?

 
* XForms Future Features
------------------------
http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/Forms/wiki/Future_Goals

Recently Appearing on the List:

- External models, partial models 
  Via src: 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2009May/0057.html
  Via XInclude: 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2009May/0060.html
  Requirements-based solution: 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2009May/0064.html
  Loading subforms: 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2009Jun/0019.html

- Data-driven switch
  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2009Jun/0025.html
  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2009Jun/0024.html
 
- Alternative schema engines
  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2009Jun/0017.html
 
=============================================

[[Magic for irc channel:

/invite zakim
zakim, this will be forms
/invite rrsagent
rrsagent, make log public

Meeting: Weekly Forms WG Teleconference
Agenda: <url of this message>
Chair: <whoever>
Scribe: <whoever> (use exact IRC name, or add "scribenick: irc_name")
Regrets: <name>, <name>, ...
Topic: <topic 1>
... minutes ...
Resolution: ... resolution ...
Topic: <topic 2>
...
ACTION: <someone> to <something>
...

Use sed edits to fix previous lines, like s/Steve/Steven/

*** AT THE END OF THE CALL, rrsagent will list the actions by typing
actions?

*** Zakim will announce who was present by typing
zakim, bye

*** rrsagent dismissal
rrsagent, make minutes
rrsagent, bye

*** If someone by chance dismisses rrsagent before the minutes
*** are made, just invite rrsagent back

]]
Received on Wednesday, 10 June 2009 04:23:38 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 1 October 2013 22:06:51 UTC