W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-forms@w3.org > September 2008

Re: TELECON AGENDA - 3 SEP 2008

From: Kenneth Sklander <kenneth@picoforms.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2008 15:53:49 +0200
Message-Id: <2807B4C4-807C-464F-8B21-572423956ABB@picoforms.com>
To: public-forms <public-forms@w3.org>
Regrets for todays phone conference.....


On 03/09/2008, at 04.56, John Boyer wrote:

>
> Regrets so far: Nick (possible)
> Start Time: 10:45am Eastern US (15:45Z, except 14:45Z during US DST)
> Duration: 90 minutes
>
> Previous minutes: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2008Aug/0082.html
> IRC supplement: http://www.w3.org/2008/08/27-forms-minutes.html
>
> Minute takers rotation list, when not done by Leigh:
> Kenneth/MarkS, MarkB/Paul, Raman, Susan, Nick, Keith,
> Ulrich/Sebastian, Rafael/Rogelio, Charlie, Steven, Erik
>
> AGENDA ITEMS:
> =============
> * = be ready to discuss
>
> REPORTS (10 minutes)
> ===================
>
> Upcoming telecons
> - Steven will chair for Sept. 10, 17
>
> Next FtF (October 15-16 Virtual, Oct. 20-21 Cannes)
> - Overview: http://www.w3.org/2008/10/TPAC/
> - Registration: http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35125/TPAC2008/
> - Schedule: http://www.w3.org/2008/10/TPAC/Schedule
> - Need zakim booking from adminreq@w3.org by 10 October 2008
>
> - Meetings needed? Spread-the-word activities?
> webapps (m12n, js lib), HTML, CDF (mustUnderstand), XML Sec
>
> The Forms Newsletter
>
> XForms 1.1
> - Editor to incorporate Appendix E Input Mode changes from Steven
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2008Aug/0052.html
> - Submission headers fix?
> - Test suite
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2008Aug/0054.html
> - Implementation report progress?
>
> XForms Basic 1.0, 1.1
>
> * Rich Web Application Backplane
>
>
> ACTION ITEMS (10 minutes)
> =========================
> Action Item List:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2008Aug/0088.html
>
> - News item from Steven?
> XRX: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2008Aug/ 
> 0090.html
> - Kenneth: XS 1.1 review?
> - John: Coordinating with HTML WG chairs about Forms Joint Task Force
> - Steven: Sentence about XHTML Modularization?
> - Keith: Known outstanding tests done?
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2008Aug/0054.html
> - Leigh and Kenneth: 1.0 Basic impl report?
> - Nick: Need progress on Action module and Bind module
> - Uli: Do you think you might be able to start the submission module?
> - Leigh: Made progress on submission header fix
> - Keith: New W3C test suite license
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2008Aug/0070.html
>
> BUG FIX ISSUES (20 minutes)
> ==========================
> * Are xforms-insert and xforms-delete notification events?
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2008Aug/0066.html
>
> * Submission header problem
> - Duplicate headers same keyname more than one value.
> - How are multiple values handled?
> - Serializer receives multiple values and decides what to do
> - Put a pointer to http
> - must order be preserved?
> - intra convertible to single header with comma separated
> - What if values themselves are comma separated?
> - Beyond order, do we need a combiner for append versus replace
> - Accept type?
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-forms/2008Aug/0000.html
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-forms/2008Aug/0004.html
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-forms/2008Sep/0003.html
>
> XBRL
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-forms/2008May/0011.html
>
> The meaning of message
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-forms/2007Jan/0013.html
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-forms/2007Jan/0012.html
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-forms/2007Jan/0011.html
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-forms/2007Jan/0010.html
>
> The repeat-* attributes
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-forms/2006OctDec/0232.html
>
>
> ADMINISTRATIVE ISSUES (0 minutes)
> =================================
> Forms Task Force
> - Latest: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms-tf/2008Jun/0000.html
> - Architecture alignment strawman: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2008Apr/0068.html
>
> Fix our shortname issue
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2007Nov/0096.html
> http://www.w3.org/2005/05/tr-versions
>
> Marketing of XForms
> Name/Tagline: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2008Jan/0060.html
> Community: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2008Jan/0054.html
>
> FUTURE VERSION ISSUES (50 minutes)
> ==================================
> * Review of XPath Functions Module
> http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/Forms/specs/XForms1.2/modules/instance/xpathFunctions/index-all.html
> - Review new organization before splitting
> - Issues in http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2008Aug/0023.html
>
> * Review of Bind Module
> http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/Forms/specs/XForms1.2/modules/model/bind/index-all.html
>
> Draft Instance Data Module
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2008Aug/0055.html
>
> Review of Actions module
> http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/Forms/specs/XForms1.2/modules/instance/actions/index-all.html
> - Reference to XHTML Modularization, and explanation of meaning of  
> ampersand
> - XML Events, if/while
> - Examples are very dependent on things not defined
>
> We should automate boolean-from-string() on the boolean MIPs  
> (relevant, readonly, constraint)
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2008Jun/0069.html
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2008Feb/0077.html
>
> Validity notification on initial or hidden data
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-forms/2008May/0015.html
> - Isn't it about time we add an xforms-control-initialize event?
> - Seems we need it for modularization to work right
>
> The xforms-hide feature suggestion
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2008Jun/0035.html
>
> Common event info not exposed in event() function
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2008Aug/0048.html
> Discussed  Aug. 20, 2008.  Deferred to 1.2 or later.
>
> The xforms-link-exception
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-forms/2008Aug/0001.html
> Discussed Aug. 20, 2008. Need to dispatch xforms-link-error to
> instance rather than link-exception to model. For legacy, if the
> link-error bubbles up to model, it could throw link-exception, but
> then the author can prevent the exception by cancelling the error
> Note: xforms-link-error is not currently cancellable
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-forms/2008Aug/0003.html
>
> xforms-submit-done response-body and host language submission result  
> targeting
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2008May/0048.html
> Discussed 21 May 2008; perhaps only for replace="none"
> Concern was about efficiency.  Could add "want-response-body"  
> default false in
> xforms-submit, then if turned true the response-body would be non- 
> empty in the
> xforms-submit-done.  Host language could then push response-body  
> content to
> a new window.
>
> XForms 2.0
> ----------
> Refactor dependencies to detect automatic rebuild conditions and  
> reduce circular dependencies
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2008May/att-0069/2008-05-28.html#topic6
>
> Make progress on Model improvements (optional model, nested model,  
> external model)
> http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/Forms/wiki/Make_model_optional
> http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/Forms/wiki/Nested_models_for_convenient_grouping_and_composition
> http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/Forms/wiki/Externally_defined_models_with_src_attribute
>
>
> =============================================
>
> [[Magic for irc channel:
>
> /invite zakim
> zakim, this will be forms
> /invite rrsagent
> rrsagent, make log public
>
> Meeting: Weekly Forms WG Teleconference
> Agenda: <url of this message>
> Chair: <whoever>
> Scribe: <whoever> (use exact IRC name, or add "scribenick: irc_name")
> Regrets: <name>, <name>, ...
> Topic: <topic 1>
> ... minutes ...
> Resolution: ... resolution ...
> Topic: <topic 2>
> ...
> ACTION: <someone> to <something>
> ...
>
> Use sed edits to fix previous lines, like s/Steve/Steven/
>
> *** AT THE END OF THE CALL, rrsagent will list the actions by typing
> actions?
>
> *** Zakim will announce who was present by typing
> zakim, bye
>
> *** rrsagent dismissal
> rrsagent, make minutes
> rrsagent, bye
>
> *** If someone by chance dismisses rrsagent before the minutes
> *** are made, just invite rrsagent back
>
> ]]

Kenneth Sklander
CTO
PicoForms
mobile: +45 22964908
web: http://www.picoforms.com
Received on Wednesday, 3 September 2008 13:54:33 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 1 October 2013 22:06:49 UTC