W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-forms@w3.org > April 2007

Re: Minutes 11 April 2007

From: John Boyer <boyerj@ca.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 12:30:54 -0700
To: "Steven Pemberton" <steven.pemberton@cwi.nl>
Cc: "Forms WG (new)" <public-forms@w3.org>, public-forms-request@w3.org
Message-ID: <OF6BC13298.460227E8-ON882572BA.006AB0FC-882572BA.006B3414@ca.ibm.com>
Questions:

1) Do we need to send minutes to the mailing list when they are recorded 
in IRC and the IRC link has been made public?

Note that the agenda links include the link to the previous minutes in all 
cases.
I realize Leigh has his own minutes, but see #3.

2) Do we need to send the list of actions in addition to the minutes when 
the minutes lists the action items?

This is true of IRC minutes but also of Leigh's minutes.

3) Is there a reason why we cannot revert to using the IRC channel as the 
vehicle for minutes?

I rather the like the IRC system as it allows others to participate and 
add comments in the flow of the minutes being taken by the main scribe. It 
also seems to reduce the number of channels of minutes and my obligation 
to constantly explain in the agenda that there are "real" minutes and IRC 
minutes.  It also looks better from the standpoint of not having the IRC 
minutes look like we didn't do anything; you have to know to seek out this 
other separate source of information.

I would prefer moving minutes to IRC if at all possible.

Thanks,
John M. Boyer, Ph.D.
STSM: Lotus Forms Architect and Researcher
Chair, W3C Forms Working Group
Workplace, Portal and Collaboration Software
IBM Victoria Software Lab
E-Mail: boyerj@ca.ibm.com 

Blog: http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/blogs/page/JohnBoyer





"Steven Pemberton" <steven.pemberton@cwi.nl> 
Sent by: public-forms-request@w3.org
04/11/2007 12:09 PM

To
"Forms WG (new)" <public-forms@w3.org>
cc

Subject
Minutes 11 April 2007








http://www.w3.org/2007/04/11-forms-minutes.html

[NEW] ACTION: steven to ask shane to change name of working group in issue 
 
tracking system [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2007/04/11-forms-minutes.html#action01]
[NEW] ACTION: Steven to install new FtF page [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2007/04/11-forms-minutes.html#action02]

Steven
Received on Wednesday, 11 April 2007 19:31:03 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 1 October 2013 22:06:43 UTC