W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-forms@w3.org > April 2007

Re: Minutes 11 April 2007

From: <Nick_Van_den_Bleeken@inventivedesigners.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2007 15:11:07 +0200
To: John Boyer <boyerj@ca.ibm.com>
Cc: "Forms WG (new)" <public-forms@w3.org>, public-forms-request@w3.org, "Steven Pemberton" <steven.pemberton@cwi.nl>
Message-ID: <OFEA64C431.7E863D4A-ONC12572BB.00461BDB-C12572BB.004867D9@inventivegroup.com>

John,

If we aren't going to send the list of action items to the list, can we 
put the list of currently open action items somewhere on the w3c site? 
Otherwise we are going to loose lang standing action items. The current 
list of action items that is e-mailed weekly also contains a list of all 
resolutions that were made. Keeping those together is also a good plan, I 
think.

Regards,

Nick Van den Bleeken  -  Research & Development
Inventive Designers
Phone: +32 - 3 - 8210170
Fax: +32 - 3 - 8210171
Email: Nick_Van_den_Bleeken@inventivedesigners.com

public-forms-request@w3.org wrote on 04/11/2007 09:30:54 PM:

> 
> Questions: 
> 
> 1) Do we need to send minutes to the mailing list when they are 
> recorded in IRC and the IRC link has been made public? 
> 
> Note that the agenda links include the link to the previous minutes 
> in all cases. 
> I realize Leigh has his own minutes, but see #3. 
> 
> 2) Do we need to send the list of actions in addition to the minutes
> when the minutes lists the action items? 
> 
> This is true of IRC minutes but also of Leigh's minutes. 
> 
> 3) Is there a reason why we cannot revert to using the IRC channel 
> as the vehicle for minutes? 
> 
> I rather the like the IRC system as it allows others to participate 
> and add comments in the flow of the minutes being taken by the main 
> scribe.  It also seems to reduce the number of channels of minutes 
> and my obligation to constantly explain in the agenda that there are
> "real" minutes and IRC minutes.  It also looks better from the 
> standpoint of not having the IRC minutes look like we didn't do 
> anything; you have to know to seek out this other separate source of
> information. 
> 
> I would prefer moving minutes to IRC if at all possible. 
> 
> Thanks, 
> John M. Boyer, Ph.D.
> STSM: Lotus Forms Architect and Researcher
> Chair, W3C Forms Working Group
> Workplace, Portal and Collaboration Software
> IBM Victoria Software Lab
> E-Mail: boyerj@ca.ibm.com 
> 
> Blog: http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/blogs/page/JohnBoyer
> 
> 
> 

> 
> "Steven Pemberton" <steven.pemberton@cwi.nl> 
> Sent by: public-forms-request@w3.org 
> 04/11/2007 12:09 PM 
> 
> To
> 
> "Forms WG (new)" <public-forms@w3.org> 
> 
> cc
> 
> Subject
> 
> Minutes 11 April 2007
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> http://www.w3.org/2007/04/11-forms-minutes.html
> 
> [NEW] ACTION: steven to ask shane to change name of working group in 
issue 
> tracking system [recorded in 
> http://www.w3.org/2007/04/11-forms-minutes.html#action01]
> [NEW] ACTION: Steven to install new FtF page [recorded in 
> http://www.w3.org/2007/04/11-forms-minutes.html#action02]
> 
> Steven
> 



--------------------------------------------------

Inventive Designers' Email Disclaimer:

http://www.inventivedesigners.com/email-disclaimer
Received on Thursday, 12 April 2007 13:11:07 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 1 October 2013 22:06:43 UTC