RE: W3C EGOV meeting, Monday 26 November 2012, 9:00 - 10:30 London time

Serafín, the decree is now available in StratML format at
http://xml.gov/stratml/drybridge/index.htm#ORBAC or, more specifically,
http://xml.gov/stratml/carmel/ORBACwStyle.xml

The following objectives are closely related to the purposes of the StratML
standard <http://xml.gov/stratml/index.htm#DefinitionPurposes> :

Objective 6.1:
<http://xml.gov/stratml/carmel/ORBACwStyle.xml#_2d21762a-35ed-11e2-8971-961b
6274d297> Indicators - Define indicators to monitor and assess the impact of
the openness and reuse of computer applications.

It would be good if such indicators were published in open, standard,
machine-readable StratML Part 2 format.

Objective 6.2:
<http://xml.gov/stratml/carmel/ORBACwStyle.xml#_2d2176f2-35ed-11e2-8971-961b
6274d297> Reports - Publish reports analysing the indicators.

Likewise, it would be good if such analysis were published in StratML
format.

BTW, with reference to Objective 2.2.d:
<http://xml.gov/stratml/carmel/ORBACwStyle.xml#_2d216ad6-35ed-11e2-8971-961b
6274d297> Dependencies -[Explain] why the procurement involves any
dependency on products belonging to third-party products, it seems to me the
focus of the directive is too much on software applications and too little
on data.  Software programming logic should be fungible and subject to
change, whereas data (records) should be persistent and based upon open
standards (like StratML) … and not be burdened with *software* dependencies.

Owen Ambur

Co-Chair, AIIM  <http://xml.gov/stratml/index.htm> StratML Committee

Co-Chair Emeritus,  <http://xml.gov/> xml.gov CoP

Communications/Membership Director,  <http://firmcouncil.org/index.htm> FIRM