Re: [battery] Spec update tests ready for review

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu>
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2016 09:23:34 -0400
To: Dominique Hazael-Massieux <dom@w3.org>, "Kostiainen, Anssi" <anssi.kostiainen@intel.com>, "Zhang, Zhiqiang" <zhiqiang.zhang@intel.com>
Cc: "public-device-apis@w3.org" <public-device-apis@w3.org>
On 6/3/16 3:32 AM, Dominique Hazael-Massieux wrote:
> Right; based on Boris' analysis of that failure, I think we can make the
> case to the Director that it is not directly linked to this particular
> spec or the particular change we're bringing to it.

While true, what you should do is have a test that actually tests what
this test was trying to test.  That is, load a page that is NOT
about:blank, then navigate and check that the battery promise changed.

I expect all implementations will pass that, but it really should be
checked in the test suite.

-Boris