Status of Ambient Light Sensors

From: Lukasz Olejnik (W3C) <lukasz.w3c@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 4 Jun 2016 19:05:46 +0100
To: W3C Device APIs WG <public-device-apis@w3.org>
Hello,

I'm wondering when would be the right time to come up with ALS privacy
considerations. Are there any indications when the spec could be finalized?

For example, I'm wondering what will happen to the precision of readout -
is, by default the readout limited to the resolution similar with
MediaQueries?

For the moment I am preparing something general, possible to swiftly adapt
later on. I will also perform some tests based on the development Chrome
implementation.

Best regards
Lukasz Olejnik