Re: [testing] volunteers needed to be spec test facilitators

From: Kostiainen, Anssi <anssi.kostiainen@intel.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2014 07:22:42 +0000
To: "Zhang, Zhiqiang" <zhiqiang.zhang@intel.com>, Marcos <marcos@marcosc.com>
CC: "Hirsch Frederick (Nokia-CTO/Boston)" <frederick.hirsch@nokia.com>, "W3C Device APIs WG" <public-device-apis@w3.org>
On 03 Jun 2014, at 04:34, Zhang, Zhiqiang <zhiqiang.zhang@intel.com> wrote:

> [...]

Marcos, Zhiqiang - big thanks for volunteering!

I updated the implementation status wiki [1] accordingly with your names. Feel free to embellish the wiki to make it a useful resource what comes to testing too. Currently we link to the test suites and their status from the groupís home page, but updating that page involves CVS+admin thus wiki is probably better for keeping track of things that are work-in-progress.

Hereís my status report re testing from Jan [2] for some of the groupís specs. Things have moved forward since, namely:

* Battery Status - the test suite will need to be updated to reflect the CfC to make the API async [3]. Letís coordinate this with the spec update.

* HTML Media Capture - all the open issues have been addressed.

* Ambient Light + Proximity Events - Marcos wrote the initial test suites for these specs, so Zhiqiang you may want to ping him for review and/or collaborate with him when you submit changes to these test suites. The Ambient Light Events test suite will need to be updated to reflect the proposal to drop LightLevelEvent [4]. I suggest we gauge implementers' interest before proceeding with the Proximity Events testing.

* Vibration API - Updating this test suite would make a good starting point now given we have two implementations as per the latest LC.

Thanks,

-Anssi

[1] https://www.w3.org/2009/dap/wiki/ImplementationStatus#Recommendation_Track_Deliverables
[2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2014Jan/0028.html