W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-device-apis@w3.org > November 2013

Agenda - Distributed Meeting 7 November 2013 (Thursday)

From: <Frederick.Hirsch@nokia.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2013 18:50:03 +0000
To: <public-device-apis@w3.org>
CC: <Frederick.Hirsch@nokia.com>
Message-ID: <930D9522-D991-483B-86FA-8320DC29B16F@nokia.com>
Agenda  Device APIs Working Group  Distributed Meeting 7 November 2013

Meeting details at the bottom of this email.

1) Welcome, agenda review, scribe selection, announcements

RfC: Updates of the Technical Reports process; deadline November 27, http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2013Oct/0158.html

additional git information http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2013Oct/0177.html

publishing moratorium information: http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/wiki/Main_Page#Administrativia

2) Minutes approval

Approve minutes from 31 October 2013  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2013Nov/att-0009/minutes-2013-10-31.html

proposed RESOLUTION: Minutes from 31 October 2013 are approved

3) Test Updates - Proximity, Light

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2013Nov/0014.html

4) Vibration 

defer ISSUE-156 (Clamp) due to instability of spec, http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2013Oct/0178.html

5) Network Service Discovery

Updated implementation using promises, http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2013Nov/0003.html (Jean-Claude)

Editor update

Plan for PING privacy review in January, likewise for security review ( WebAppSec )

Would like to discuss security issues with WebAppSec this month or next

6) Note publication

CfC concluded http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2013Nov/0010.html

7) Issue review

ISSUE-128 : Need more description on how bandwidth should be estimated ; on [Network Information API] http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/issues/128 

ISSUE-130 : Enable variety of protocols (e.g. UPnP, Bonour) with protocol independent developer code ; on [Network Service Discovery]http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/issues/130 

ISSUE-131 : Support UPnP device discovery by Device Type? ; on [Network Service Discovery] http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/issues/131 

ISSUE-133 : Fix UPnP events subscription and unsubscription ; on [Network Service Discovery] http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/issues/133 

ISSUE-146 : Add vibration strength control ; on [Vibration API] http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/issues/146 

ISSUE-147 : Reference 'Requirements for Home Networking Scenarios' in Introduction ; on [Network Service Discovery]http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/issues/147 

ISSUE-148 : NetworkService.name definition in 8.2.2.4 incoherent with definition in 7.1 (a human-readable title for the service) ; on [Network Service Discovery] http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/issues/148 

ISSUE-149 : handling of long vibration list - truncate or no vibration at all ; on [Vibration API] http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/issues/149 

ISSUE-150 : Should vibration be additive when multiple instances, e.g. iframes ; on [Vibration API] http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/issues/150 

ISSUE-151 : USN should not be used as device identifier ; on [Network Service Discovery] http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/issues/151 

ISSUE-154 : Security approach ; on [Network Service Discovery] http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/issues/154 

ISSUE-156 : add the [Clamp] attribute to the argument of the vibrate method ; on [Vibration API] http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/issues/156 

8) Action Review

http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/open

ACTION-523: Anssi Kostiainen to Work on test cases for battery, vibration, and HTML Media Capture

ACTION-645: Frederick Hirsch to Share Network Service Discovery editors draft with PING

ACTION-654: Jean-Claude Dufourd to Propose text for network service discovery to define wildcard api and feature detection

ACTION-657: Anssi Kostiainen to Revise battery tests for idlharness, find qa person to help

ACTION-660: Anssi Kostiainen to Determine interest in progressing network information api or not

ACTION-665: Anssi Kostiainen to Update vibration draft per action-652

ACTION-666: Giridhar Mandyam to Check with internal implementers whether vibration api is consistent with chip capabilities

ACTION-670: Anssi Kostiainen to Review issue-156 and add clamp to vibration specification

this should be closed given new information

Pending Review

none

9)  Other Business

10) Adjourn

Meeting Details:

Zakim Bridge: +1.617.761.6200, +33.4.89.06.34.99, or +44.117.370.6152
Conference code: 3279 ("DAPW", or "EASY")
IRC channel: 
irc://irc.w3.org:6667/dap

Instructions on meetings : 
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/#meetings

regards, Frederick

Frederick Hirsch, Nokia
Chair, W3C DAP Working Group
Received on Tuesday, 5 November 2013 18:53:39 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Monday, 23 October 2017 14:54:01 UTC