See also: IRC log
<trackbot> Date: 25 May 2011
<fjh> trackbot, start telecon
<trackbot> Meeting: Device APIs and Policy Working Group Teleconference
<trackbot> Date: 25 May 2011
<SungOk_You> zkim, P13 is me.
<Cathy> Prseent+ Cathy_Chan
<darobin> Scribe: Rich
<darobin> ScribeNick: richt
<fjh_> 19-21 July F2F logistics, http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-device-apis/2011Apr/0000.html
<fjh_> Please register - http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/43696/paris-2011/
fjh: please register for the F2F
<dom> (we have 13 responses, but only 6 positive responses)
<fjh_> TAG minimization draft, http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2011May/0004.html
<fjh_> proposed RESOLUTION: Minutes from 18 May 2011 are approved
RESOLUTION: Minutes from 18 May 2011 are approved
<fjh_> still under review, please solicit feedback and wg members
<fjh_> Under AC Review, see http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2011May/0005.html (Dom)
<fjh_> "W3C invites public comments through 2011-06-09 on the proposed charter. Please send comments to mailto:email@example.com?Subject=Re%3A%20Agenda%20-%20Distributed%20Meeting%202011-05-25&In-Reply-To=%253CC86259FE-89A9-444F-807E-070311030D27%40nokia.com%253E&References=%253CC86259FE-89A9-444F-807E-070311030D27%40nokia.com%253E, which has a public archive:
<fjh_> CfC until 8 June, please review draft http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2011May/0011.html
darobin: In the middle of CfC. Keep the feedback coming.
<fjh_> additional parameters: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2011May/0023.html
<fjh_> bug fixes: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2011May/0024.html (Cathy)
<fjh_> phoneNumbers MUST for URIs : http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2011May/0026.html (Dom)
<fjh_> Editorial action?
darobin: anything specific on the feedback to discuss?
<dom> (richt already did most of the edits)
<Cathy> richt's latest edits addressed my comments
<darobin> rich: displayName vs name.formatted
<darobin> ... Geolocation's address format doesn't match ours, which is weird
darobin: re: Geolocation Address. We should talk to the WG.
<darobin> ACTION: Robin to email Geolocation about alignment of address objects [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/05/25-dap-minutes.html#action01]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-399 - Email Geolocation about alignment of address objects [on Robin Berjon - due 2011-06-01].
<darobin> rich: I'd like a proposal for this
<darobin> ... we have the status quo, and I can make changes based on a proposal
dom: if we need both fields for compatibility to e.g. vCard then we should keep them. if not, then one field should go.
<dom> (PoCo has both displayName and name.Formatted ; so we should keep both)
<dom> formatted: "The full name, including all middle names, titles, and suffixes as appropriate, formatted for display"
<dom> displayName: "The name of this Contact, suitable for display to end-users. The value provided SHOULD be the primary textual label by which this Contact is normally displayed by the Service Provider when presenting it to end-users. "
darobin: any other contact issues we need to discuss?
dom, I can include that text in to the spec.
<darobin> Robin: so we keep them, and make sure to reflect the initial meanings
darobin: we have a few specs that are impacted by this change to nullability.
... we should go through the specs to make sure the WebIDL makes sense.
<fjh___> Dom added webidl item to checklist
darobin: sent some feedback to the battery and messaging APIs
anssi: thanks for the feedback. will start to include the feedback shortly.
darobin: if you're going to make the changes then we're going to be able to republish fairly soon
anssi: I'll try to incorporate the feedback asap.
... feedback from developers has been positive on this to date.
darobin: On the Network Information API, I've committed some changes. Will ask for feedback soon.
... On Calendar API, nothing new since last week
<Zakim> dom, you wanted to discuss Media Capture API
<dom> ACTION: Dom to integrate robin's feedback on messaging [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/05/25-dap-minutes.html#action02]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-400 - Integrate robin's feedback on messaging [on Dominique Hazaël-Massieux - due 2011-06-01].
dom: we also have the Media Capture API that has not been updated in a long time.
... how does it relate to the new WebRTC WG?
darobin: specifically if it relates to getUserMedia then we should pass it over to WebRTC
dom: let's discuss this with WebRTC tomorrow on the call.
... Feature Permissions, not sure what the standing of the draft is.
laszlo: took ownership of the spec. not really ready for any sort of publication right now.
dom: let's announce it to the public mailing list.
laszlo: I'll send an email to the mailing list that this spec has been transferred to DAP
<dom> ACTION: Dom to suggest redirecting previous copy of features permissions to new one to Web Notif WG [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/05/25-dap-minutes.html#action03]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-401 - Suggest redirecting previous copy of features permissions to new one to Web Notif WG [on Dominique Hazaël-Massieux - due 2011-06-01].
darobin: Dom has started some excellent work on testing around the Contacts API.
dom: as part of this work we created a Mercurial repo for the tests.
dom: so far, developed 8 tests. Updated to match the latest edits.
... don't need a separate account to access Mercurial for group members. HTTP-based.
darobin: perhaps we should start moving everything over to Mercurial
... might make sense to see if it
darobin: ...is easier to use Mercurial than CVS
<dom> (yes, redirect isn't a problem)
darobin: that's it for now. meeting adjourned.