W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-device-apis@w3.org > March 2011

Re: Agenda - Distributed Meeting 2011-03-30

From: <Frederick.Hirsch@nokia.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2011 13:30:15 +0000
To: <dzung.d.tran@intel.com>
CC: <Frederick.Hirsch@nokia.com>, <public-device-apis@w3.org>
Message-ID: <9E6CAED0-25DD-446A-863B-2A3201D05FF9@nokia.com>
Dzung

I think so  but wanted to confirm with you. We will close them today unless there is any objection.

Thanks

regards, Frederick

Frederick Hirsch, Nokia
Co-Chair, W3C DAP Working Group




On Mar 29, 2011, at 6:13 PM, ext Tran, Dzung D wrote:

> Hello Frederick,
> 
> As for Action-173 and Action-202, do we want to close these since we are abandoning the current SysInfo APIs in favor of simple manageable APIs?
> 
> Thanks
> Dzung Tran
> 
> 
> -----Original Message-----
> From: public-device-apis-request@w3.org [mailto:public-device-apis-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Frederick.Hirsch@nokia.com
> Sent: Tuesday, March 29, 2011 2:02 PM
> To: public-device-apis@w3.org
> Cc: Frederick.Hirsch@nokia.com
> Subject: Agenda - Distributed Meeting 2011-03-30
> 
> Agenda - Device APIs and Policy Working Group - Distributed Meeting  #56 2011-03-30
> 
> Meeting details at the bottom of this email.
> 
> 1) Welcome, agenda review, scribe selection, announcements
> 
> * Note any additions or changes to agenda
> * Select scribe: <http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/victims-list.html>
> 
> 1a) Identity in the Browser workshop, http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2011Mar/0105.html
> 
> 1b) Opera, augmented reality, http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2011Mar/0119.html
> 
> 1c) June/July DAP F2F questionnaire, http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/43696/juljun-f2f/
> 
> 2)   Minutes approval
> 
> Approve F2F minutes, 15-16 March 2011
> 
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2011Mar/att-0097/minutes-2011-03-15.html
> 
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2011Mar/att-0097/minutes-2011-03-16.html
> 
> proposed RESOLUTION: Minutes from 15-16 March 2011 F2F are approved
> 
> 4) Charter Draft
> 
> Current charter, http://www.w3.org/2009/05/DeviceAPICharter.html
> 
> Proposed charter, http://www.w3.org/2010/11/DeviceAPICharter.html
> 
> proposed additions, see #2 http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2011Mar/0112.html (Frederick)
> 
> proposal re Web Introducer,
> 
> "* An API that enables Web content to discover resources and services, no matter where they are hosted, and gain permission to interact with them. Such a mechanism is for example the Web Introducer (http://web-send.org/introducer/)." (Claes, http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2011Mar/0115.html)
> 
> concrete proposal related to scope of discovery?
> 
> ACTION-343		Propose better wording for System information and events api in new charter	Richard Tibbett
> 
> ACTION-344		Propose concrete text for privacy and feature permission for draft charter	Frederick Hirsch
> 
> 5) Editorial/Publication Status updates
> 
> 5a) HTML Media Capture, role attribute update (Dom), WD update, then Last Call CfC
> 
> 5b) FPWD of Message draft based on alternative URI based approach
> 
> 5c) Contacts
> 
> Editor action (Rich) to update search filters, then CfC for Last Call 
> 
> ACTION-257		Define what goes on for concurrent calls to find() when there is no error callback (and step three also needs to define that); then report to group so we can do the same to SysInfo get	Richard Tibbett
> 
> ACTION-271		Figure out the event loop stuff for contacts	Robin Berjon
> 
> ACTION-278		Propose harmonisation descriptions for Contacts fields	Suresh Chitturi
> 
> 5d) Calendar
> 
> Editor action (Dom) to add note re time zones, then CfC for FPWD
> 
> 5e) API Requirements note
> 
> ACTION-281		Take a stab at updating the API Requirements documents	Dom
> 
> 5f) Access Requirements Note
> 
> published, see http://www.w3.org/News/2011#entry-9037
> 
> 6) Feature Permissions
> 
> Editorial updates and prototyping
> 
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2011Mar/0110.html (Anssi)
> 
> 7) Battery Status Event Spec
> 
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2011Mar/0122.html (Anssi)
> 
> 8) Network Connection API Spec
> 
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2011Mar/0123.html (Suresh)
> 
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2011Mar/0125.html
> 
> use cases, http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2011Mar/0126.html (Dzung)
> 
> ACTION-294		Create an editors draft for new proposed network connection API	Richard Tibbett
> 
> 9) Narrowing WebIDL to Javascript
> 
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2011Mar/0102.html (Robin)
> 
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2011Mar/0109.html (Cameron)
> 
> 10) Click on input
> 
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2011Mar/0111.html (Anssi)
> 
> 11) Privacy next steps
> 
> 12) Action and Issue review
> 
> 12a) Pending actions - closed without discussion unless concern raised.
> 
> ACTION-304		Investigate hosting a meeting in June/July in Opera's European offices	Richard Tibbett	2011-01-12	Organizational matters
> 
> ACTION-305		Provide details of workshop at Seoul F2F (March 2011)	Kangchan Lee	2010-11-12	Organizational matters
> 
> ACTION-347		Come up with some examples and rough ideas for simple sysinfo APIs at the f2f	Laszlo Gombos	2011-03-16	
> 
> ACTION-357		Provide first draft of Network Connection API	Suresh Chitturi
> 
> 12b) Open Action review
> 
> Please review your actions at http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/users/my
> 
> When completed change status to "Pending" and send email to public list indicating conclusion, as well as referencing ACTION-nnn in email (for tracker)
> 
> ACTION-173		Implement privacy changes noted by alissa, see http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2010May/0072.html	Dzung Tran	2010-05-26	hidingIsHard
> 
> ACTION-202		Include changes from ACTION-191 http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2010Jun/0253.html	Dzung Tran
> 
> ACTION-219		Make a concrete proposal for AppLauncher	Kangchan Lee	2010-07-22	Application Launcher API
> 
> ACTION-220		Make a concrete proposal for AppLauncher	Bryan Sullivan
> 
> 12c) Issue review
> 
> ISSUE-78		Capture has a minimisation problem with EXIF data (e.g. it could be Geotagged)
> 
> Close, note added to doc...
> 
> 
> 13) Other Business
> 
> 14) Adjourn
> 
> Meeting Details:
> 
> Zakim Bridge: +1.617.761.6200, +33.4.89.06.34.99, or +44.117.370.6152
> Conference code: 3279 ("DAPW", or "EASY")
> IRC channel: 
> irc://irc.w3.org:6665/dap
> 
> Instructions on meetings : 
> http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/#meetings
Received on Wednesday, 30 March 2011 13:31:07 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Wednesday, 9 May 2012 00:14:18 GMT