W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-device-apis@w3.org > March 2011

Agenda - Distributed Meeting 2011-03-30

From: <Frederick.Hirsch@nokia.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2011 21:02:13 +0000
To: <public-device-apis@w3.org>
CC: <Frederick.Hirsch@nokia.com>
Message-ID: <D525F792-B37C-4784-AD3A-7A8024A9D736@nokia.com>
Agenda  Device APIs and Policy Working Group  Distributed Meeting  #56 2011-03-30

Meeting details at the bottom of this email.

1) Welcome, agenda review, scribe selection, announcements

 Note any additions or changes to agenda
 Select scribe: <http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/victims-list.html>

1a) Identity in the Browser workshop, http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2011Mar/0105.html

1b) Opera, augmented reality, http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2011Mar/0119.html

1c) June/July DAP F2F questionnaire, http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/43696/juljun-f2f/

2)   Minutes approval

Approve F2F minutes, 15-16 March 2011



proposed RESOLUTION: Minutes from 15-16 March 2011 F2F are approved

4) Charter Draft

Current charter, http://www.w3.org/2009/05/DeviceAPICharter.html

Proposed charter, http://www.w3.org/2010/11/DeviceAPICharter.html

proposed additions, see #2 http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2011Mar/0112.html (Frederick)

proposal re Web Introducer,

"* An API that enables Web content to discover resources and services, no matter where they are hosted, and gain permission to interact with them. Such a mechanism is for example the Web Introducer (http://web-send.org/introducer/)." (Claes, http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2011Mar/0115.html)

concrete proposal related to scope of discovery?

ACTION-343		Propose better wording for System information and events api in new charter	Richard Tibbett

ACTION-344		Propose concrete text for privacy and feature permission for draft charter	Frederick Hirsch

5) Editorial/Publication Status updates

5a) HTML Media Capture, role attribute update (Dom), WD update, then Last Call CfC

5b) FPWD of Message draft based on alternative URI based approach

5c) Contacts

Editor action (Rich) to update search filters, then CfC for Last Call 

ACTION-257		Define what goes on for concurrent calls to find() when there is no error callback (and step three also needs to define that); then report to group so we can do the same to SysInfo get	Richard Tibbett

ACTION-271		Figure out the event loop stuff for contacts	Robin Berjon

ACTION-278		Propose harmonisation descriptions for Contacts fields	Suresh Chitturi

5d) Calendar

Editor action (Dom) to add note re time zones, then CfC for FPWD

5e) API Requirements note

ACTION-281		Take a stab at updating the API Requirements documents	Dom

5f) Access Requirements Note

published, see http://www.w3.org/News/2011#entry-9037

6) Feature Permissions

Editorial updates and prototyping

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2011Mar/0110.html (Anssi)

7) Battery Status Event Spec

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2011Mar/0122.html (Anssi)

8) Network Connection API Spec

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2011Mar/0123.html (Suresh)


use cases, http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2011Mar/0126.html (Dzung)

ACTION-294		Create an editors draft for new proposed network connection API	Richard Tibbett

9) Narrowing WebIDL to Javascript

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2011Mar/0102.html (Robin)

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2011Mar/0109.html (Cameron)

10) Click on input

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2011Mar/0111.html (Anssi)

11) Privacy next steps

12) Action and Issue review

12a) Pending actions - closed without discussion unless concern raised.

ACTION-304		Investigate hosting a meeting in June/July in Opera's European offices	Richard Tibbett	2011-01-12	Organizational matters

ACTION-305		Provide details of workshop at Seoul F2F (March 2011)	Kangchan Lee	2010-11-12	Organizational matters

ACTION-347		Come up with some examples and rough ideas for simple sysinfo APIs at the f2f	Laszlo Gombos	2011-03-16	

ACTION-357		Provide first draft of Network Connection API	Suresh Chitturi

12b) Open Action review

Please review your actions at http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/users/my

When completed change status to "Pending" and send email to public list indicating conclusion, as well as referencing ACTION-nnn in email (for tracker)

ACTION-173		Implement privacy changes noted by alissa, see http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2010May/0072.html	Dzung Tran	2010-05-26	hidingIsHard

ACTION-202		Include changes from ACTION-191 http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2010Jun/0253.html	Dzung Tran

ACTION-219		Make a concrete proposal for AppLauncher	Kangchan Lee	2010-07-22	Application Launcher API

ACTION-220		Make a concrete proposal for AppLauncher	Bryan Sullivan

12c) Issue review

ISSUE-78		Capture has a minimisation problem with EXIF data (e.g. it could be Geotagged)

Close, note added to doc...

13) Other Business

14) Adjourn

Meeting Details:

Zakim Bridge: +1.617.761.6200, +, or +44.117.370.6152
Conference code: 3279 ("DAPW", or "EASY")
IRC channel: 

Instructions on meetings : 
Received on Tuesday, 29 March 2011 21:02:56 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Monday, 23 October 2017 14:53:48 UTC