Device APIs and Policy Working Group Teleconference

06 Jul 2011


See also: IRC log


Robin_Berjon, Frederick_Hirsch, Rich_Tibbett, SungOk_You, Anssi_Kostiainen, Ernesto_Jimenez, Wonsuk_Lee, Josh_Soref
Dzung_Tran, Niklas_Widell, Cecile_Marc
Robin_Berjon, Frederick_Hirsch


<trackbot> Date: 06 July 2011

<darobin> Scribe: Josh_Soref

<darobin> ScribeNick: jsoref


<fjh> 19-21 July F2F logistics, http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-device-apis/2011Apr/0000.html

fjh: F2F is coming, fast

<fjh> Please register - http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/43696/paris-2011/

fjh: please register ... registration is still open
... hopefully everyone is already registered

<fjh> Draft minutes Identity in the Browser workshop

<darobin> [we have 20 attendees for the f2f, which is good]

<fjh> http://www.w3.org/wiki/IdentityBrowser

fjh: Any other announcements?

Minutes approval

<fjh> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2011Jun/att-0114/29-dap-minutes.html

<fjh> proposed RESOLUTION: Minutes from 29 June 2011 are approved

RESOLUTION: Minutes from 29 June 2011 are approved

Privacy Best Practices

<fjh> New draft, see http://dev.w3.org/2009/dap/privacy-practices/

jsoref: I plan to give some comments, i just haven't had time to yet

fjh: we'll take it to the list

Battery Status

<fjh> Draft updated, http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2011Jun/0123.html

fjh: I know AnssiK did some work

AnssiK: yeah, I did some work, mainly based on dougt's feedback
... I added BatteryLow and BatteryCritical
... and some other minor changes

fjh: I think we need review on the Battery Draft
... I think we're planning on a LC at the F2F


darobin: I'm not sure how much we have to talk on the call
... We got feedback from i18n
... We got lots of good feedback
... I've provided personal responses
... We will at some point need to accept or replace them with official WG responses

<fjh> f2f agenda item to review and provide official responses to contacts issues raised

darobin: Beyond that, there's some discussion on the WebKit dev list
... General feedback is that the feature could be interesting
... but people seem to prefer integration with web forms
... <input type=contact> or somesuch
... I need to prod people to provide formal feedback
... e.g. as LC FeedBack
... I don't know if richard has any responses to issues to do
... If you have answers to feedback, you're more than welcome to provide them now

richt: I've been collecting feedback
... and once the 15th comes around, i'll provide feedback

darobin: how are you collecting it?
... if you're so inclined, there's a tool for collecting them

richt: that'd be good to have

<darobin> https://www.w3.org/2006/02/lc-comments-tracker/43696/WD-contacts-api-20110616/

richt: It'd be good if people would tag emails, e.g. [Contacts]
... So I could filter feedback...

darobin: It's a bit late now, but people generally have included "Contacts" in the Subject

fjh: Tentative ACTION on richt to enter feedback into the tracker tool

richt: I'm going to enter Contacts feedback into the tool
... it's a good way to track things

darobin: I don't think we need to give richt an action, as darobin and fjh have an action to use the tool

<fjh> richt, it would help if you send a message with links to issue emails to the list as a summary, then we can help with the tool

richt: I'm open to people doing CVS commits directly to the draft

[ scribe doesn't have CVS / hg access and should get that set up at some point ]

darobin: I don't know if ernesto_jimenez has interest in editing now

ernesto_jimenez: I'm still getting up to speed

darobin: Please feel free to jump in
... it's ok if you break something, it's easy to fix
... Anything else on Contacts?

Permissions API

darobin: The older drafts for the spec route to the new one

<fjh> Dom shared related blog discussion, http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2011Jun/0126.html

<AnssiK> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2011Jul/0029.html

darobin: there's been some feedback from Anne which we should take into account
... in Laslo's absence, it's hard to progress

<richt> RE: f2f. Iwill be on holiday from 21st July. Still need to check for 19th/20th.

F2F Planning

fjh: I don't know the Paris area well

<richt> deadline for F2F registration is 12th?

fjh: We need to figure out what time we should start
... we probably don't want to start too early on the first day

darobin: I guess we could start at 9am

fjh: For east-coast west-coast, people tend to try to fly in same day

darobin: I don't think anyone reasonable would try to fly in same day
... I'd suggest 9am-5pm each day

fjh: But we might want to break earlier on the last day (Thursday)
... topics include Privacy, ...

<darobin> close ACTION-401

<trackbot> ACTION-401 Suggest redirecting previous copy of features permissions to new one to Web Notif WG closed

richt: We did some work on Discovery
... we'd like to give feedback

darobin: Please add a slot for Discovery to the F2F

fjh: I guess we should go through the new Charter
... and see where we are
... what we haven't started
... etc

<fjh> add slot to agenda on privacy, charter review and work planning

fjh: Anyone prepared to talk about Testing/IOP?

darobin: We could certainly discuss it at a high level

<fjh> add item re testing , discuss with Francois

darobin: We could add test assertions to items

[ Discuss Lunch @ F2F ]

darobin: If anyone wants to do an evening out in Paris, we could probably organize that

fjh: we need to have the Agenda out by Yesterday
... ok...

ernesto_jimenez: We were asked about Use cases for the Contacts API
... it might be useful to have Use cases for each API

<darobin> http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/wiki/F2F_Agenda_19%2c_20%2c_21_July_2011%2c_Paris

darobin: I'll add a topic for Use Cases
... anyone can add topics to the list at the top
... fjh and I will try to arrange the agenda so it makes sense for the three days of the meeting
... I don't think we have a Logistics page

fjh: I think we do

<richt> we've explored use cases previously so we should work from those.

fjh: let me post the link
... oh it's a PDF

<fjh> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-device-apis/2011Apr/att-0000/W3C_DAC_F2F_Meeting_Paris2011_Hotels_and_Travel.pdf

darobin: I'll add that to the wiki so it's easy to find

<Zakim> AnssiK, you wanted to discuss Battery Status agenda for F2F and the way forward

AnssiK: I'll be unavailable until the F2F
... please feel free to edit the spec directly in the interim to add e.g. UCs to the Spec

fjh: and if we decide to publish, that's ok, too?

AnssiK: sure

darobin: Anything else?

[ no ]

[ Adjourned ]

Summary of Action Items

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.135 (CVS log)
$Date: 2009-03-02 03:52:20 $