Re: CfC: Last Call for HTML Media Capture; deadline Dec 1st

From: Dominique Hazael-Massieux <dom@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2010 14:38:30 +0100
To: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>, Andrei Popescu <andreip@google.com>
Cc: public-device-apis <public-device-apis@w3.org>
Le jeudi 18 novembre 2010 à 12:47 +0100, Anne van Kesteren a écrit :
> On Wed, 17 Nov 2010 16:07:31 +0100, Dominique Hazael-Massieux <dom@w3.org>
> wrote:
> > As such, the chairs propose it be published as a Last Call Working Draft
> > and this is a Call for Consensus (CfC) to do so:
> >     http://dev.w3.org/2009/dap/camera/
>
> I think the dependency with HTML5 should be sorted out before going to
> Last Call.

Could you clarify what you mean by sorting out the dependency with
HTML5? Is your concern that the spec overrides something that HTML5
defines (the accept attribute content model)?

> I am personally also not sure that putting the capture hint in the MIME
> type is really the right way to go. It certainly complicates the
> processing model of <input accept> as UI hint quite a bit. (I.e. from
> simple string comparisons to full blown MIME type parsing, including
> figuring out what to do with unknown parameters, parse errors in
> parameters, etc.)

I agree this complicates the processing of the attribute; Andrei, since
Android (from what I understand) implements this through the MIME type
attribute, do you have any feedback on the implementation cost of
parsing the attribute? How are you dealing with unknown/unparseable
parameters?

I've also raised ISSUE-105 as a result to your message; this presumably
hinders progress to Last Call for the time being.