Re: CfC: Last Call for HTML Media Capture; deadline Dec 1st

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2010 12:47:21 +0100
To: public-device-apis <public-device-apis@w3.org>, "Dominique Hazael-Massieux" <dom@w3.org>
On Wed, 17 Nov 2010 16:07:31 +0100, Dominique Hazael-Massieux <dom@w3.org>
> As such, the chairs propose it be published as a Last Call Working Draft
> and this is a Call for Consensus (CfC) to do so:
>     http://dev.w3.org/2009/dap/camera/

I think the dependency with HTML5 should be sorted out before going to
Last Call.

I am personally also not sure that putting the capture hint in the MIME
type is really the right way to go. It certainly complicates the
processing model of <input accept> as UI hint quite a bit. (I.e. from
simple string comparisons to full blown MIME type parsing, including
figuring out what to do with unknown parameters, parse errors in
parameters, etc.)

Anne van Kesteren