Re: CfC: Last Call for HTML Media Capture; deadline Dec 1st

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2010 15:11:27 +0100
To: "Andrei Popescu" <andreip@google.com>, "Dominique Hazael-Massieux" <dom@w3.org>
Cc: public-device-apis <public-device-apis@w3.org>
On Thu, 18 Nov 2010 14:38:30 +0100, Dominique Hazael-Massieux <dom@w3.org>
wrote:
> Could you clarify what you mean by sorting out the dependency with
> HTML5? Is your concern that the spec overrides something that HTML5
> defines (the accept attribute content model)?

Well, http://dev.w3.org/2009/dap/camera/#captureparam says coordination is
required. And that seems correct if the content model of accept="" is
going to be modified. Specifically, if we want to allow parameters there
the processing for that should be defined in a general way I think. I.e.
it should be clear what the result of

   accept="video/*;codecs=vp8;capture=camera"

is going to be. Per HTML5 the accept attribute takes either a MIME type
(which cannot end in /*) or a predefined string (e.g. video/*). This draft
changes that concept quite drastically.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/