RE: Capture API question

Yes, I think Arun's suggestion is fine and does aligned with some of the discussions going on in HTML5 WG.

Dzung

-----Original Message-----
From: Dominique Hazael-Massieux [mailto:dom@w3.org]
Sent: Friday, June 18, 2010 01:15 AM
To: arun@mozilla.com; Tran, Dzung D; Ingmar.Kliche; Ilkka.Oksanen@nokia.com
Cc: Robin Berjon; Andrei Popescu; public-device-apis@w3.org; Brad Lassey; Doug Turner; khuey@mozilla.com
Subject: Re: Capture API question

Le mercredi 16 juin 2010 à 17:38 -0700, Arun Ranganathan a écrit :
> Questions:
>
> * Could we proceed with a web model that only looks at File API,
> MediaFile (and FormatData) as level 1 for capturing stills, short
> videos, and audios?  The level 1 specification should provide guidance
> on what the invocation syntax in HTML is for these input and capture
> devices.  We should discuss this in HTML5 via relevant public-html
> threads, if not already spawned.
> * Could we flesh out use cases for ViewFinder and introduce it later?
> I can see it as useful for other streaming use cases.
> * There could be, as Robin proposes, an API for what he's called the
> "Trusted" scenarios (including installable apps).  It could layer
> gracefully on top of level 1 or so.

This sounds like a good plan to me, at least. Dzung, Ingmar, Ilkka,
would one of you mind having a stab at re-formulating the Capture API
into what Arun describes as Level 1 above?
This would mean scraping 1.1, 3.1, 3.4 to 3.14, and massaging the
remaining into a coherent set.

(moving the removed sections into a temporary level 2 spec would be
fine, but we can always get them back from CVS, so I wouldn't
necessarily worry about that now)

Dom