W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-device-apis@w3.org > June 2010

Draft minutes 2010-06-09

From: Robin Berjon <robin@robineko.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2010 16:58:32 +0200
Message-Id: <3C710790-988A-4049-BD0D-A74D9444D27D@robineko.com>
To: public-device-apis@w3.org
Thanks Laura for taking notes! Here are the minutes, they can be found at:

  http://www.w3.org/2010/06/09-dap-minutes.html

and follow in text:


   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

          Device APIs and Policy Working Group Teleconference

09 Jun 2010

   [2]Agenda

      [2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2010Jun/0069.html

   See also: [3]IRC log

      [3] http://www.w3.org/2010/06/09-dap-irc

Attendees

   Present
          +1.972.373.aaaa, Suresh, alissa, +1.650.335.aacc, Dom,
          +1.301.581.aadd, +04871719aaee, jsalsman, jmorris, darobin,
          +1.202.637.aaff, enewland, wojtekM, +04610801aagg, Claes,
          +0777541aahh, +1.425.214.aaii, LauraA, David_Rogers,
          bryan_sullivan, +03491337aajj, maoteo, Thomas,
          +035128935aakk, richt, Alissa_Cooper, John_Morris,
          James_Salsman, Robin_Berjon, Dominique_Hazael-Massieux,
          Wojciech_maslowski, Claes_Nilsson, Richard_Tibbett,
          Suresh_Chitturi, Maria_Oteo, Daniel_Coloma

   Regrets
          Frederick_Hirsh

   Chair
          Robin_Berjon

   Scribe
          Laura

Contents

     * [4]Topics
         1. [5]announcements
         2. [6]minutes' approval
         3. [7]policy
         4. [8]Privacy
         5. [9]APIs, SysInfo
         6. [10]Contacts
     * [11]Summary of Action Items
     _________________________________________________________

   <trackbot> Date: 09 June 2010

   <jsalsman> +1.650.335... is jsalsman

   <darobin> Scribe: Laura

   <darobin> Scribenick: LauraA

announcements

   <darobin> [12]registration

     [12] http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/43696/london2010/

   <dom> ack

   <dom> [13]http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/wiki/LondonF2F2010

     [13] http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/wiki/LondonF2F2010

   darobin: reminder to register for the July F2F in London

   dom: added list of hotels into the wiki page

   <darobin> [14]last week's minutes

     [14] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2010Jun/0031.html

minutes' approval

   darobin: minutes approved

policy

   darobin: proposal to public Policy Framework doc
   ... request publication on the 24th
   ... any opinions about 1st public working draft of policy framework?

   <darobin> LauraA: sent an email with last changes right before call

   <darobin> ... suggest people look at it

   <dom> [15]Editors draft of Policy Framework document

     [15] http://dev.w3.org/2009/dap/policy/Framework.html

   <darobin> .... it will change a bit, but minor changes -- overall
   well defined

   <darobin> ... I think it's okay

   RESOLUTION: CfC for Framework OK

   darobin: objection to start call for consensus for framework doc?

   <darobin> ACTION: Robin to issue CfC for Framework [recorded in
   [16]http://www.w3.org/2010/06/09-dap-minutes.html#action01]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-184 - Issue CfC for Framework [on Robin
   Berjon - due 2010-06-16].

   darobin: no objections
   ... XACML profile ready for 1 public WD?

   Suresh: any IPR analysis has been done?

   darobin: no idea, frederick might know

   Suresh: maybe someone from the staff could do this analysis?

   drogersuk: you can go to the OASIS website for information

   <dom> [17]XACML TC

     [17] http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/tc_home.php?wg_abbrev=xacml

   darobin: frederick involved in OASIS, he might be the right person
   to ask

   <darobin> ACTION: frederick to investigate IP status for XACML
   [recorded in
   [18]http://www.w3.org/2010/06/09-dap-minutes.html#action02]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-185 - Investigate IP status for XACML [on
   Frederick Hirsch - due 2010-06-16].

   <dom> [19]This TC operates under the RF on Limited Terms Mode of the
   OASIS IPR Policy

     [19] http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/xacml/ipr.php

   darobin: do we want to block on this?

   <dom> (it's normative)

   Suresh: need to check if references to XACML are normative of
   informative

   darobin: agree, that can be an issue

   <scribe> ... pending resolution for the XACML profile doc

   RESOLUTION: issue CfC for XACML, noting that there are some
   potential IP issues to investigate

   <Suresh> Would prefer to resolve it sooner than later

   <darobin> ACTION: Robin to issue CfC for XACML, noting that there
   are some potential IP issues to investigate [recorded in
   [20]http://www.w3.org/2010/06/09-dap-minutes.html#action03]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-186 - Issue CfC for XACML, noting that
   there are some potential IP issues to investigate [on Robin Berjon -
   due 2010-06-16].

   darobin: third doc Examples document
   ... it is not very normative, should we make it REC track?

   <dom> [21]XACML Profile draft

     [21] http://dev.w3.org/2009/dap/policy/Profile.html

   <dom> [22]DAP WG home page

     [22] http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/Overview.html

   dom: suggests making it a non-normative recommendation

   <dom> [23]Policy Examples

     [23] http://dev.w3.org/2009/dap/policy/Examples.html

   [24]http://dev.w3.org/2009/dap/policy/Examples.html

     [24] http://dev.w3.org/2009/dap/policy/Examples.html

   RESOLUTION: issue CfC for Examples, rectrack/non-normative

   darobin: are we Ok with the CfC for the examples doc, but
   non-normative?

   <darobin> ACTION: Robin to issue CfC for Examples,
   rectrack/non-normative [recorded in
   [25]http://www.w3.org/2010/06/09-dap-minutes.html#action04]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-187 - Issue CfC for Examples,
   rectrack/non-normative [on Robin Berjon - due 2010-06-16].

   <darobin> [26]Frederick on policy reqs reorg

     [26] http://www.w3.org/mid/E37E3443-AF7B-4135-9C2D-A11FFE2A2480@nokia.com

   <dom> [27]Proposed rework of policy requirements

     [27] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2010Jun/att-0065/Proposal.html

   darobin: e-mail from Frederick about policy reqs, suggesting
   reorganisation
   ... any opinions on this proposal? anyone read it?

   <jsalsman> I read it. I'm confused about what a prompt is

   dom: suggest moving it to CVS

   <dom> ISSUE-28?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-28 -- Requirement for NO security prompting --
   pending review

   <trackbot> [28]http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/issues/28

     [28] http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/issues/28

   jsalsman: conflicting position papers in the action item number 28,
   issue 28
   ... 3 different position docs: 2 in agreement, 1 against

   <jsalsman> [29]http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/issues/28

     [29] http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/issues/28

   darobin: not sure about the impact on this doc

   jsalsman: ambiguity about what it is a prompt
   ... saying we want to eliminate prompts may not be the right thing
   (both modal and non-modal, they are both promtps)

   darobin: the idea is to avoid prompts as far as possible

   bryan_sullivan: intent to minimise prompt
   ... policy can be defined to provide choice in the level of
   prompting
   ... goal is not to eliminate prompts entirely, that's not possible

   alissa: we might need to clarify what we understand under prompt,
   modal prompt etc.

   <drogersuk> +1

   alissa: having a definition might be helpful

   drogersuk: since we've separated the docs, we need to address that
   so that one can not take the APIs separately without taking into
   account the policy bit

   darobin: who wrote the piece about convinience or not of prompt?

   drogersuk: probably bondi

   darobin: need a person to assign this action to

   <darobin> ACTION: Laura to propose clarification language around
   prompting, involving Paddy and James as needed [recorded in
   [30]http://www.w3.org/2010/06/09-dap-minutes.html#action05]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-188 - Propose clarification language
   around prompting, involving Paddy and James as needed [on Laura
   Arribas - due 2010-06-16].

   darobin: back to previous topic, should we give an action to
   frederick to put reqs doc into CVS?

   dom: I'll do it

   darobin: CfC for reqs doc?

   RESOLUTION: Issue a CfC for Policy Reqs
   ... no objections

   <darobin> ACTION: Robin to Issue a CfC for Policy Reqs [recorded in
   [31]http://www.w3.org/2010/06/09-dap-minutes.html#action06]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-189 - Issue a CfC for Policy Reqs [on
   Robin Berjon - due 2010-06-16].

   darobin: anything else about policy?
   ... nothing.

Privacy

   darobin: more docs to publish
   ... reqs doc and rule set doc

   <dom> +1 on waiting for ruleset

   alissa: for the W3C privacy doc submitted rule set doc as position
   paper
   ... might be worth waiting after the W3C privacy workshop

   darobin: anyone objects to waiting?
   ... agreed not to publish the privacy ruleset yet

   Suresh: about the ruleset doc, is it API independent like policy or
   linked to APIs?

   alissa: not handled yet how APIs deal with rulesets

   <dom> ACTION-106?

   <trackbot> ACTION-106 -- Robin Berjon to address how licenses could
   be handled by the API's -- due 2010-03-23 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [32]http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/106

     [32] http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/106

   alissa: there are ideas but nothing documented yet

   <dom> Alissa: thus far we haven't settled on how rulesets will
   intersect with the existing APIs

   RESOLUTION: Issue a CfC for the Privacy Requirements

   <darobin> ACTION: Robin to Issue a CfC for the Privacy Requirements
   [recorded in
   [33]http://www.w3.org/2010/06/09-dap-minutes.html#action07]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-190 - Issue a CfC for the Privacy
   Requirements [on Robin Berjon - due 2010-06-16].

APIs, SysInfo

   <darobin> Robin: split core and extended?

   <darobin> alissa: prefer to split

   <jmorris> +1

   <darobin> PROPOSED RESOLUTION: split operatorName, apn, mcc, mnc to
   a separate, extended specification

   <dom> a+

   <jmorris> And SSID and Mac address are dropped, right?

   <jsalsman> this is for [34]http://dev.w3.org/2009/dap/system-info/
   right?

     [34] http://dev.w3.org/2009/dap/system-info/

   <darobin> PROPOSED RESOLUTION: drop operatorName, apn, mcc, mnc from
   SysInfo, revisit an Extended spec later

   <Suresh> +1

   RESOLUTION: drop operatorName, apn, mcc, mnc from SysInfo, revisit
   an Extended spec later

   <dom> ACTION-183?

   <trackbot> ACTION-183 -- Dzung Tran to drop connections[] and
   activeConnection, move to activeConnections[] and define clearly
   what "active" means -- due 2010-06-09 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [35]http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/183

     [35] http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/183

   <Zakim> dom, you wanted to note codecs

   darobin: any objections to CfC?

   <jsalsman>
   [36]http://dev.w3.org/2009/dap/system-info/#audio-and-video-codecs

     [36] http://dev.w3.org/2009/dap/system-info/#audio-and-video-codecs

   <dom> ISSUE-85 was raised for the capture API

   jsalsman: see some issues with this section, could be developed a
   bit more

   darobin: james, could you review SysInfo and share it in the list?

   jsalsman: sure

   <dom> ACTION: James to send pre-LC editorial comments on sysinfo
   [recorded in
   [37]http://www.w3.org/2010/06/09-dap-minutes.html#action08]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-191 - Send pre-LC editorial comments on
   sysinfo [on James Salsman - due 2010-06-16].

   <darobin> PROPOSED RESOLUTION: issue a CfC of SysInfo for LC after
   ACTION-191 and subsequent edits, ACTION-183, and operatorName, apn,
   mcc, mnc have been dropped

   RESOLUTION: issue a CfC of SysInfo for LC after ACTION-191 and
   subsequent edits, ACTION-183, and operatorName, apn, mcc, mnc have
   been dropped

Contacts

   <dom> [38]Contacts API updates

     [38] http://www.w3.org/mid/AANLkTikT_RBr08jWh_-CKAPs1pCqHU_hJ-KhDqbaVGln@mail.gmail.com

   darobin: richard sent an e-mail, he made quite a few changes based
   on feedback received before

   <dom> +1 on heartbeat publication

   darobin: anyone objects to hearbeat publication for this API?
   ... no objections

   <darobin> RESOLUTION: publish a heartbeat of Contacts

   <darobin> ACTION: robin to request publication of Contacts [recorded
   in [39]http://www.w3.org/2010/06/09-dap-minutes.html#action09]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-192 - Request publication of Contacts [on
   Robin Berjon - due 2010-06-16].

   <darobin> richt, you missed the discussion!

   <darobin> richt, anything you want to say before we move on?

   <richt> sorry I'm having serious issues with phone and wifi today
   :-(

   richt: sorry missed Contacts discussion

   darobin: dom just asked about plans to move into LC
   ... given current status of spec, and feedback received we could
   move to LC during the July F2F

   richt: I made some updates from the received feedback. there are a
   few questions that still need answering

   <Zakim> dom, you wanted to ask about LC goals

   richt: i'll be creating a new document before next week's call
   ... I would like to wait until the next version of the spec
   ... still need more feedback
   ... would like to produce a larger set of properties

   <jmorris> +1 on waiting for feedback on larger set of properties

   darobin: agree, if you have updates coming, it makes sense to wait

   <dom> (this relates to ISSUE-71 I think)

   darobin: objections on waiting for publication?
   ... no objections in the call
   ... other issues to be discussed in the mailing list

   <darobin> RESOLUTION: overturn previous resolution to publish
   contacts, wait for next update

   darobin: end of the agenda
   ... AOB?

   thanks and good bye

   <darobin> RRSAgent: make minutes

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: frederick to investigate IP status for XACML [recorded
   in [40]http://www.w3.org/2010/06/09-dap-minutes.html#action02]
   [NEW] ACTION: James to send pre-LC editorial comments on sysinfo
   [recorded in
   [41]http://www.w3.org/2010/06/09-dap-minutes.html#action08]
   [NEW] ACTION: Laura to propose clarification language around
   prompting, involving Paddy and James as needed [recorded in
   [42]http://www.w3.org/2010/06/09-dap-minutes.html#action05]
   [NEW] ACTION: Robin to Issue a CfC for Policy Reqs [recorded in
   [43]http://www.w3.org/2010/06/09-dap-minutes.html#action06]
   [NEW] ACTION: Robin to Issue a CfC for the Privacy Requirements
   [recorded in
   [44]http://www.w3.org/2010/06/09-dap-minutes.html#action07]
   [NEW] ACTION: Robin to issue CfC for Examples,
   rectrack/non-normative [recorded in
   [45]http://www.w3.org/2010/06/09-dap-minutes.html#action04]
   [NEW] ACTION: Robin to issue CfC for Framework [recorded in
   [46]http://www.w3.org/2010/06/09-dap-minutes.html#action01]
   [NEW] ACTION: Robin to issue CfC for XACML, noting that there are
   some potential IP issues to investigate [recorded in
   [47]http://www.w3.org/2010/06/09-dap-minutes.html#action03]
   [NEW] ACTION: robin to request publication of Contacts [recorded in
   [48]http://www.w3.org/2010/06/09-dap-minutes.html#action09]

   [End of minutes]


--
Robin Berjon
  robineko  hired gun, higher standards
  http://robineko.com/
Received on Wednesday, 9 June 2010 14:59:04 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Wednesday, 9 May 2012 00:14:10 GMT