Re: CSS2.1 i18n and bidi tests for review

On Tuesday 01 July 2008 10:20, Eira Monstad wrote:

> I've been working on some bidi related tests for the 2.1 testsuite,
> as well as converting a few of Richard Ishida's tests for language
> dependent styling to match the testsuite template. The tests are
> ready for review at http://people.opera.com/eiram/test/css21/review/

I haven't checked everything, but I noticed one small problem in the
attribute selector tests: the "lang" attribute doesn't exist in
XHTML 1.1. The tests either need to use XHTML 1.0 or need to
rename "lang" to "xml:lang".

(One may question why XHTML 1.1 isn't more backwards compatible, but
that's a different discussion.)

A problem of a different sort is that the test files use <!
[CDATA[...]]>. That is valid XHTML, but some browsers have trouble with
it. Because of that, and because it is a test for CSS support, not
XHTML support, I suggest removing the <![CDATA[...]]>. There is nothing
in the style sheets that needs escaping anyway.

Bert