Re: CSS2.1 i18n and bidi tests for review

On Fri, 04 Jul 2008 14:09:38 +0200, Bert Bos <bert@w3.org> wrote:

> On Tuesday 01 July 2008 10:20, Eira Monstad wrote:
>
>> I've been working on some bidi related tests for the 2.1 testsuite,
>> as well as converting a few of Richard Ishida's tests for language
>> dependent styling to match the testsuite template. The tests are
>> ready for review at http://people.opera.com/eiram/test/css21/review/
>
> I haven't checked everything, but I noticed one small problem in the
> attribute selector tests: the "lang" attribute doesn't exist in
> XHTML 1.1. The tests either need to use XHTML 1.0 or need to
> rename "lang" to "xml:lang".
>
> (One may question why XHTML 1.1 isn't more backwards compatible, but
> that's a different discussion.)

This is a consequence of using the template at
http://csswg.inkedblade.net/test/css2.1/format. The tests will
automatically be converted to HTML format. If you check META name="flags"
in the tests, you will (hopefully!) find that the tests that use the lang
attribute are flagged as "HTMLonly". If you find the lang attribute in
tests not flagged as HTMLonly, please let me know.

> A problem of a different sort is that the test files use <!
> [CDATA[...]]>. That is valid XHTML, but some browsers have trouble with
> it. Because of that, and because it is a test for CSS support, not
> XHTML support, I suggest removing the <![CDATA[...]]>. There is nothing
> in the style sheets that needs escaping anyway.

Normally I wouldn't include it, but I've been following the template given
at http://csswg.inkedblade.net/test/css2.1/format

Should the template be changed?

--
Eira Monstad
CoreQA

Furthermore, it is my opinion that BTS2 must be destroyed