Re: Web Payments IG approves Verifiable Claims to proceed to W3C Management

From: Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2016 13:42:35 -0400
To: Melvin Carvalho <melvincarvalho@gmail.com>, Chaals McCathie Nevile <chaals@yandex-team.ru>
CC: Credentials Community Group <public-credentials@w3.org>, Web Payments IG <public-webpayments-ig@w3.org>
On 07/14/2016 09:40 AM, Melvin Carvalho wrote:
> I wasnt entirely clear what constrained to education meant.  It seems
> to me the nature of VC is that it is based on URIs / names which can
> be reused in multiple scenarios.  If it means that the language of
> use cases and charter are oriented towards education.  I could live
> with that.

A few people have said they could live with a focus on education use
cases, but with the goal to create a generalized solution.

We don't know if this compromise would result in the objecting
organizations not filing a formal objection anyway. We're waiting for
W3M to draft the suggested language that would have the most chance of
achieving consensus.

blog: The Web Browser API Incubation Anti-Pattern
http://manu.sporny.org/2016/browser-api-incubation-antipattern/