Re: CDF comments

Hello public-cdf,

<Oskari.Koskimies@nokia.com>  wrote, in this archived message:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-cdf/2006Jan/0082.html

> WICD Core:
>
> 3.2.1.1. Still-Image Rendering
>
> By the same reasoning, a "render" parameter should also be supported for
> animated GIFs, Applets, Flash images etc. I think this feature should be
> dropped.

For the WICD profile, the render parameter is only defined for
the media types that WICD defines, true.

Its certainly also true that other profiles could use a similar (or
ideally, identical) mechanism for those media types. But this is not an
argument for removing it - rather, that other profiles should add this
mechanism for other media such as the ones you list.

Please let us know within two weeks if this response is not
satisfactory.

 Interaction Domain Leader
 Co-Chair, W3C SVG Working Group
 W3C Graphics Activity Lead