Re: proxies and forwarding of credentials, was: SECDIR review of draft-ietf-httpbis-p7-auth-24

From: Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net>
Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2013 09:59:07 +1100
Cc: "Julian F. Reschke" <julian.reschke@greenbytes.de>, secdir <secdir@ietf.org>, Roy Fielding <fielding@gbiv.com>, Mark Nottingham <mnot@pobox.com>, Barry Leiba <barryleiba@computer.org>, Pete Resnick <presnick@qti.qualcomm.com>, "Mankin, Allison" <amankin@verisign.com>, HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
To: Stephen Kent <kent@bbn.com>
It entirely depends upon the way that they’re cooperating… sometimes you’d want to forward them, sometimes not. If we were defining a proxy authentication cooperation protocol here, I could understand a MUST here, but as we’re not, I don’t think we want to constrain how one might operate…

Cheers,

--
Mark Nottingham   http://www.mnot.net/