Re: Framing and control-frame continuations

As opposed to endlessly debating the matter.. any chance we can see some
real metrics on all this? Specifically, it would be very informative to see
a breakdown of exactly what impact small, large and variable-sized frames
have on latency and throughput on both ends of the connection. It would
also be helpful to see what kind of processing overhead could be expected
if we allow for large control frames... for example, if we do end up going
with delta compression for headers in control frames, what would be the
impact of allowing that frames to scale up to 32-bit lengths?

(I must say, however, that I have not seen anything that would ever suggest
that we need or want control frames to scale up to 32-bit lengths. To
paraphrase a comment Mark made previously, I don't want to live in a word
with that much protocol and processing overhead.)

- James