RE: Outstanding Action Items

The other point that was mentioned as worth clarifying was, from the minutes, "How to turn to off push (in either direction)", which is done, also from the minutes, by setting "max stream limit to 0 for that endpoint".

-----Original Message-----
From: willchan@google.com [mailto:willchan@google.com] On Behalf Of William Chan (???)
Sent: Tuesday, 5 February, 2013 19:45
To: Mark Nottingham
Cc: HTTP Working Group
Subject: Re: Outstanding Action Items

<snip>

> * Will: double check that spdy's change to directionality for max streams has made it into http/2, or raise issue.

"""

4 - SETTINGS_MAX_CONCURRENT_STREAMS allows the sender to inform
         the remote endpoint the maximum number of concurrent streams
         which it will allow.  By default there is no limit.  For
         implementors it is recommended that this value be no smaller
         than 100.
"""

It's the same text as we've had in SPDY/2, and our SPDY/4 draft is the same. This wording is technically correct, but it does not particularly emphasize that the limit is directional. I can imagine first time readers misinterpreting it.