Re: Do we kill the "Host:" header in HTTP/2 ?

From: Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@phk.freebsd.dk>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2013 23:36:45 +0000
To: Patrick McManus <pmcmanus@mozilla.com>
cc: Roberto Peon <grmocg@gmail.com>, Ted Hardie <ted.ietf@gmail.com>, "Adrien W. de Croy" <adrien@qbik.com>, Eliezer Croitoru <eliezer@ngtech.co.il>, "ietf-http-wg@w3.org" <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>, John C Klensin <john-ietf@jck.com>
--------
In message <CAOdDvNrrDhyayThYJz+94C+U+K18gtvEGWqwZ-8-+wP6kH5QRw@mail.gmail.com>, Patrick McManus writes:

>and we can apply a requirement to order things :scheme, :host, :uri in
>order to facilitate streaming ..

And then we're back to my underlying question:

Isn't that the sort of thing we should settle before people spend a lot of
time on simulating compression and encoding schemes, as this will clearly
have significant impact on the results of those experiments ?