Re: #231: Considerations for new headers

From: Karl Dubost <karld@opera.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2011 16:16:25 -0400
Cc: httpbis Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
To: Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net>

Le 29 juin 2011 à 06:17, Mark Nottingham a écrit :
> 3.1 Considerations for Creating Header Fields

Not sure if it's true, but in case it is. After this

>  Under no conditions can the "Close" field-name be registered, because it is reserved for use as a connection token.

Should there be a mention discouraging the rewriting of headers to change the behavior of an existing header.

	"Under no conditions a new header should
	redefine requirements of an existing

I think about the case of proxies rewriting headers and then changing the behavior of the message. Mark already commented on this thread.

It is still strange to me :)

Karl Dubost - http://dev.opera.com/