Re: Input on request for link relation

From: Bill de hOra <bill@dehora.net>
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 01:51:13 +0000
To: Richard Salz <rsalz@us.ibm.com>
CC: "apps-discuss@ietf.org" <apps-discuss@ietf.org>, Atom-Syntax Syntax <atom-syntax@imc.org>, Hadrien Gardeur <hadrien.gardeur@feedbooks.com>, Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>, HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>, Joe Gregorio <joe@bitworking.org>, Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net>, owner-atom-syntax@mail.imc.org, Sam Johnston <samj@samj.net>
Richard Salz wrote:
>> IOW allow the link registry to define rel scopes. The url or clash thing
>
>> sucks and I don't want someone rolling up with a curies/qnames or some
>> other XML macrocrap proposal for Atom.
>
> Yeah, it would be a huge mistake to use something that's pretty much
> already guaranteed to be part of your Atom infrastructure.  Far better to
> create yet another distributed naming scheme.

It would be. HTML5 would probably be done by now if it wasn't for RDFa
curies.

Thanks for the sarcasm though, it amused me no end, although it's often
more effective if you leave out the "Not" bit.

Bill