Re: PROPOSAL: i99 Pipelining Problems

From: Roy T. Fielding <fielding@gbiv.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2008 11:17:24 -0700
Cc: Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net>, HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
To: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>

On Apr 4, 2008, at 6:00 AM, Julian Reschke wrote:

> Hmm.
>
> Any volunteers for providing spec-ready text?

"Shit happens.  Deal with it."

Seriously, there is no reason to specify all the possible ways
in which messages might get lost on an unreliable connection.
The only thing I would change is to resurrect my original design
for the Keep-Alive header, which indicates how many more requests
are allowed on a given persistent connection.  The others are just
single point, non-reproducible bugs.

....Roy