RE: [RFC] Optional header negotitation

From: Robert Brewer <fumanchu@aminus.org>
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2007 21:21:07 -0700
To: "Stefanos Harhalakis" <v13@priest.com>
Cc: <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
Stefanos Harhalakis wrote:
> What you described is exactly what I'm proposing...
> and if I get any comments about it, I'll summarize
> them and submit a draft. I'm sorry if you thought
> that I'm proposing this as something that should
> be included in RFC 2616.

I am sorry I misinterpreted that bit. However, I don't
think that changes my central reservation: that HTTP
already allows enough ways to ask for extended headers
that there's no need to canonicalize one of those ways.
Every previous HTTP app which has needed additional
headers seems to have done just fine without a formal
"Header-Request" response header. So I'd find an extra
RFC on the matter just as spurious, serving only to
complicate web app framework and user agent code
unnecessarily.

Robert Brewer
fumanchu@aminus.org