Re: Straw-man charter

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2007 12:23:45 +0100
To: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
CC: Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net>, "ietf-http-wg@w3.org Group" <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>

Anne van Kesteren schrieb:

> On Tue, 06 Mar 2007 07:54:26 +0100, Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net> wrote:
>> Additionally, the working group may produce one or more test suites
>> for HTTP conformance, if there is sufficient interest.
>
> I actually think this and maybe two interoperable implementations in
> popular browsers of the whole specification should be a requirement.
> Probably also for the server side of things. Otherwise the real issues
> probably never get fixed and deferred with arguments like: "We'll just
> wait until they get their act together..."

I think I strongly disagree. Requiring that things are indeed completely
implemented will either result in lots of stuff being taken out, or the
spec never be done. Both are IMHO non-goals. The agenda is *not*
comparable to what the WHATWG is doing with HTML.

So what *are* the real issues, then? Have they been raised over here?

Best regards, Julian