Re: Link Header draft

On Fri, 16 Feb 2007, Mark Nottingham wrote:

> I don't know that either of these is workable, given that HTML and Atom
> both use link relations.

Atom has a document-level hyperlinking element with link types? I thought
the linking in Atom was from individual feeds, not from the whole
document.

If the linking in Atom is indeed from the whole document, such that it
makes sense to have it apply at the HTTP level, and if those relationships
aren't compatible with HTML's, then we have a problem -- you can easily
imagine a CDF situation with mixed Atom and HTML with Link: headers, and I
can't see that either registry would "win" over the other. This would
imply that HTTP would need yet another third registry for disambiguation.