Re: Status 102, Re: [Fwd: I-D ACTION:draft-decroy-http-progress-00.txt]

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@henriknordstrom.net>
Date: Tue, 06 Feb 2007 22:21:30 +0100
To: Asbjørn Ulsberg <asbjorn@tigerstaden.no>
Cc: HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
tis 2007-02-06 klockan 08:40 +0100 skrev Asbjørn Ulsberg:

> I haven't read either of these before, but isn't the HTTP 1.1-defined "202
> Accepted" exactly what 102 tries to be? From HTTP 1.1:
>
>    The request has been accepted for processing, but the processing has not
>    been completed.
>
> The word "processing" is even mentioned twice in the first sentence.

The two differ quite significantly.

202 means "I have accepted the request, and will probably act on it some
time in future, no need to send the request again. I can't tell you what
the result will be, but if you know how you may find the results
somewhere when I am done if or when I choose to act on your request".

102 means "I am currently processing the request. Please wait, the
response is coming, just be patient with me while I process your
request".

Regards
Henrik