Re: NEW ISSUE: Drop Content-Location

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 00:06:26 +0100
To: "Yngve N. Pettersen (Developer Opera Software ASA)" <yngve@opera.com>
CC: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>, HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>

Yngve N. Pettersen (Developer Opera Software ASA) schrieb:
>> The header allows relative URIs, so it seems to me it would be safe
>> for user agents to support the header if - for instance - it's an
>> absolute path. That should still cover the majority of the use cases...
>
> Sorry, Julien. Won't work.

Understood. But please understand I said "majority" not "all". If we'd
remove all HTTP features that *some* sites get wrong, where would that end?

And, btw, would RoyF's suggested change
(<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/ietf-http-wg/2006OctDec/0192.html>)
fix the problem for you?

Best regards, Julian