Re: NEW ISSUE: Drop Content-Location

ons 2006-11-29 klockan 23:43 +0100 skrev Julian Reschke:

> So this seems to make it a feature that frequently is used the wrong
> way, and therefore isn't supported by the mainstream browsers. But then,
> this can be said about other features as well (dare I say "Vary"?).

Exactly to the point I think.

So it's best left as it is. With major browsers not implementing it
today site authors is unlikely to depend today on having it implemented,
and maybe over time things will improve to the point that it actually
can be enabled in the browsers gradually allowing site authors to start
taking advantage of the feature to optimize their URL-namespace. Quite
likely will if the meaning and purpose of Content-Location gets some
awareness among CMS and reverse proxy authors which WebDAV has a good
chance of accomplishing.

It's not like the migration path is that difficult on the server side
when accounting for both client types (the ones caring and the ones
ignoring).

Regards
Henrik