Re: NEW ISSUE: Drop Content-Location

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 09:43:12 +0100
To: "Julian Reschke" <julian.reschke@gmx.de>, "Yngve N. Pettersen (Developer Opera Software ASA)" <yngve@opera.com>
Cc: "HTTP Working Group" <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>

On Thu, 30 Nov 2006 00:06:26 +0100, Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
wrote:
> Understood. But please understand I said "majority" not "all". If we'd
> remove all HTTP features that *some* sites get wrong, where would that
> end?

I've no idea. In order to create a specification for the web that's
actually useful you have to make sure it's being implemented (and can be
implemented interoperably) by clients that are widely deployed. Say, 30%
of the market. To get there you probably need a lot of testcases and get
feedback on implementation problems in popular user agents and change the
specification when it appears that something is broken.

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>