Re: Revising RFC2616 - what's happening

From: Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 18:02:44 -0700
Cc: HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
To: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>

There are lots of optimisations we could make to make it cleaner,
more clearly architected, etc., but it seems to me that going down
that path brings a real risk of either encountering a rat-hole, or of
making things worse.

E.g., If too much material is moved around, we risk disorienting
implementers.

I'm not sure separate docs are necessary, but if we contemplate any
kind of reorg, it should be *after* all errata, etc. are agreed to
and incorporated.