mistake in section 8.1.2 of RFC2616?

From: Pierre Phaneuf <pphaneuf@nit.ca>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 10:45:48 -0400 (EDT)
To: ietf-http-wg@w3.org

(I'm not on the mailing list, please Cc me!)

In section 8.1.2, you can read the following:

> Once a close has been signaled, the client MUST NOT send any more
> requests on that connection.

Is it just me, or that "MUST NOT" would forbid pipelining? A pipelining
client MAY send more requests, but they will be ignored by the server
and it should be prepared to that possibility (section 8.1.2.2 mentions
that a client MUST be prepared to the server closing the connection
before it handled them all).

Thanks!

--
Pierre Phaneuf