Re: looking for a browser that pipelines requests

At 21:40 2/28/98 -0800, Venkat Padmanabhan wrote:

>I am looking for a Web browser that pipelines multiple requests over
>a persistent connection. The browsers that I have checked (Netscape
>Navigator and Communicator, and W3C Amaya) do not pipeline requests
>even when using a persistent connection (at least that's what appears
>to be the case based on a tcpdump trace).

Jose Kahan is currently integrating the libwww pipelining code into Amaya
but until then you can try out the libwww robot [1] which does the trick
pretty well. This is the application that we have used for the HTTP/1.1
performance paper [2].

Henrik

[1] http://www.w3.org/Robot/
[2] http://www.w3.org/Protocols/HTTP/Performance/Pipeline.html