Streaming Excel & Word Files to IE

From: Mark Hourani <mhourani@zyga.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 1998 15:55:34 -0500
To: "'http-wg@cuckoo.hpl.hp.com'" <http-wg@cuckoo.hpl.hp.com>
Hello,
We have a cgi program that streams documents across the web using HTTP 1.0.
 When we stream an HTTP Document to Internet Explorer 3.02 that has a
content type of application/msword or application/vnd.ms-excel the plugins
for Word and Excel both try to load the URL a second time after it has been
streamed to the browser.  In essence the document is sent twice.

Does anyone know of a solution or reason for this behavior?  We have one
machine that this does NOT happen on, so there seems that there may be a
way to configure IE or Word to not call the URL twice.

Thanks in advance.

Mark