Re: Working Collections

"Clemm, Geoff" wrote:

> Unlike a collection version (whose member state is defined in its
> DAV:version-controlled-binding-set), the member state of a working
> collection is defined by its actual bindings (i.e. internal members).
> This allows a client to atomically add new members
> (i.e. members added to the working collection by PUT and MKCOL), delete
> old members, or rename members, in a single atomic operation (i.e. the
> CHECKIN of the working collection).
>
> There was a draft that incorrectly associated
> DAV:version-controlled-binding-set
> with working collections, but that was fixed in draft 17.

Although the property definition has been removed from 14.3, the last paragraph
of 14.3 still ends with:
"A working collection has all the properties of a working resource.
       In addition, the version-controlled-collection feature introduces
       the following REQUIRED property for a working collection. "

> The working collection is no longer in the Resource Classification appendix
> because it is just a working resource that happens to be a collection.
> So we could say that a working collection has the properties/methods
> of both a working resource and a collection, but this was felt to be
> obvious enough to not require a section in the appendix.
> We could add it back in if this is not in fact as obvious as was originally
> thought.

No need to add it back in, as far as I'm concerned.

Thanks,
Alison.