RE: Working Collections

From: Clemm, Geoff <gclemm@rational.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2001 14:38:31 -0400
To: ietf-dav-versioning@w3.org
Unlike a collection version (whose member state is defined in its
DAV:version-controlled-binding-set), the member state of a working
collection is defined by its actual bindings (i.e. internal members).
This allows a client to atomically add new members
(i.e. members added to the working collection by PUT and MKCOL), delete
old members, or rename members, in a single atomic operation (i.e. the
CHECKIN of the working collection).

There was a draft that incorrectly associated
with working collections, but that was fixed in draft 17.

The working collection is no longer in the Resource Classification appendix
because it is just a working resource that happens to be a collection.
So we could say that a working collection has the properties/methods
of both a working resource and a collection, but this was felt to be
obvious enough to not require a section in the appendix.
We could add it back in if this is not in fact as obvious as was originally