Label behaviour...

From: Peter Raymond <Peter.Raymond@merant.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 11:00:01 +0100
To: ietf-dav-versioning@w3.org
Hi,

I have a couple of questions about Labels.

1)  What's the difference between DAV:add and DAV:set of a label?

     Section 8 of the spec does not spell this out.  My best guess is that
     DAV:add will fail with a DAV:must-be-new-label if the label is already
     used by any version of the resource, but DAV:set will remove any
existing
     use of that label and then set the label on the specified version, but
I don't
     see this documented in the spec.

2) How does a client get a list of labels to present the user with a choice?

    The only way I can see is to request the DAV:label-name-set property of
every
    version resource.  Wouldn't it be useful to have a report which listed
the labels
    that are in use?

Regards,
--