Re: XML Mixed Content

From: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
Date: Mon, 01 Aug 2005 10:43:19 +0200
To: Richard Barrett-Small <sturton@gmail.com>
Cc: html-tidy@w3.org, peter.campbell@proquest.co.uk

* Richard Barrett-Small wrote:
>I love Tidy and have found it a real help with my XML development.
>However, I have found it is limited whem dealing with mixed content
>nodes.

Indeed. This is a known issue, see the bug tracker on sf.net. I'm not
sure why this is so and so far no-one provided a patch for this problem.
More generally, Tidy will always have trouble with white space in XML
documents since it simply does not know whether a random element is like
for white space.