XML Mixed Content

From: Richard Barrett-Small <sturton@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 10:10:32 +0100
To: html-tidy@w3.org
Cc: peter.campbell@proquest.co.uk

Hi there!

I love Tidy and have found it a real help with my XML development.
However, I have found it is limited whem dealing with mixed content
nodes. For example, I am converting some ropey SGML into XML. You will
see below that all elements are inserted on a new line and following
whitespace is removed, thus causing problems with legibility. Can
anyone offer a solution? Many thanks, Richard.

UNTIDY:
Part D. Similarly the abbreviations used for biographical sources are
explained in the Short Title list. In the case of serials like <it>Who
volume

TIDY:
Part D. Similarly the abbreviations used for biographical sources are
explained in the Short Title list. In the case of serials like
<it>Who Was Who</it>or the
<it>Dictionary of National Biography</it>, no volume