RE: Tidy becomes less forgiving

From: Reitzel, Charlie <CReitzel@arrakisplanet.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 13:00:45 -0400
To: Html-tidy@w3.org
Cc: Fred.Bone@dial.pipex.com, "'Bjoern Hoehrmann'" <derhoermi@gmx.net>, Allan Clark <allanc@caldera.com>
I was asking for comments in earnest and have been convinced (see my
cells - especially since you can force output.

That said, I believe de facto standards carry every bit as much weight as
unimplemented "recommendations".  I believe this is the spirit of both W3C
and IETF standardization efforts.  And, the fact is, all browsers do support
the construction Allan is using.  Are THEAD, TBODY, etc. portable across
browsers?

I just think it is really important to keep development grounded in what
HTML coders use today.

take it easy,
Charlie