Tidy becomes less forgiving

From: Patrick Lok <plok@inktomi.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2001 01:51:03 -0700
To: html-tidy@w3.org
I downloaded the tidy source code on Sep 1st and I've found that the code
that I downloaded is less forgiving than the official release of tidy 4th
Aug 2000.

I've attached 2 of the files that have been rejected by the new tidy but
cleaned up by the old tidy.

Is there any reason why the development team had made tidy tighter or less
forgiving?

It would be nice for tidy to be more flexible and take as much document as
possible.

Thanks,
Patrick