tidy

From: Alfonso Urdaneta <alfonso@malibunetworks.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2000 14:59:13 -0500 (EST)
To: Dave Raggett <html-tidy@w3.org>

Hi,

I just started using your tidy tool to clean up some of the horrible
HTML code that my WISYWIG editor spits out, and it really is a godsend.

I have noticed something though - and I am not 100% sure if this is a
bug, because I don't know how intelligent the parser is, but I have
noticed that tidy does not remove redundant font specifications.

The attached HTML file will illustrate what I mean.  There are a bunch
of fonts set one after the other (meaning that only the innermost one
will actually have any effect) but the outer/redundant ones are not
removed.

Regards,

Alfonso.

--
Alfonso Urdaneta                           alfonso@malibunetworks.com

"Time flies like the wind, but fruit flies like bananas"